Monday, June 13, 2011

I have no time for ordinary humans!


For my next review (after a day), I chose The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Haruhi Suzumiya, the title character, has been an outcast ever since middle school. When she was in the 6th grade realizing she was just one person in a sea of people after going to a baseball game, she sets out to make her life as interesting as it can be including the want to befriend espers, aliens, and time travelers. Little does she know that she has the power to alter reality to her liking.

When she starts high school, she forms a club called the SOS Brigade and "recruits" Kyon(narrator of the anime), Yuki Nagato, Mikuru Asahina, and Itsuki Koizumi. The purpose of the SOS Brigade is to investigate mysterious phenomenon.

Told from Kyon's point of view, he's the only one that knows that Yuki, Mikuru, and Itsuki aren't exactly normal humans. It's revealed to him that Yuki is an alien, Mikuru is a time traveler, and Itsuki is an esper. They've been sent to join the SOS Brigade to observe Haruhi to maintain her ability to alter reality.

I've been told that there was a re-broadcast of this series and it's about 14 episodes longer than the original anime. I still have to check that out but I really recommend the original series first. It's very funny and humorous and of course a very popular anime seen just about everywhere on the Internet. If you haven't seen it yet, look for it now!

~Liz~

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I love this anime :3 Say hello to your newest follower! I expect more great reviews!! X3

    ReplyDelete