Monday, September 5, 2011

I put a jet pack engine at the bottom of your chair


So this is my first anime review since.. well since I started school. With my hetic schedule and amount of homework I get, by the time I get home I can't think straight. So I've been lagging on my anime watching for a while. But thanks to my three day weekend, I've been finally able to catch up on D. Gray-man, start two new animes, and finish Higurashi Kai. One of the new animes I got hooked on and am almost finished with is an anime called Angel Beats! (Exclamation mark included in title)

This anime is set in a high school that acts as a Purgatory (A state in the afterlife before going to Heaven. Look it up because it's too complicated to talk about.), where the students who've died and come here learn to give up on worldly attachments they had when they were alive before passing on to the next after life or reincarnation. The injury or cause of death is gone, but in this world, people can still feel pain and other feelings they had when they were alive, including death, but since they're already in the afterlife, they'll just wake up again some time later with their injuries gone.

The story revolves around the main protagonist Otonashi, a boy who lost his memories of his life before dying. Upon waking up in the afterlife, he meets a girl named Yuri and is invited to join the Afterlife Battlefront, an organization founded by Yuri where a group of students fight against God because of their cruel experiences when they were alive. Their only enemy is the student council president named Angel, a girl who possesses supernatural powers and fights against the SSS. It is believed that if one follows Angel and behave like a normal student, you'll eventually pass on. But if you're able to fulfill your dreams in the afterlife, you'll be able to pass on as well.

This is a really great anime to watch, and if you like Clannad and Air TV, you'll definitely love Angel Beats! Beautiful animation, great fight scenes, fun characters, tons of comic relief and of course character back stories that'll jerk tears out of your eyes. Recommend everyone to watch it now!

~Liz~

1 comment:

  1. I just finished watching this, It was Amazing-ly sad and hilarious. Love it <3

    ReplyDelete